Question of the month: What make-up do you carry around in your handbag?
I try to keep make-up bag streamlined and light, so that it’s easy to carry around – most of my products are either minis or decanted into sample pots. My current make-up bag is this postal-themed one from CARGO.
- Maybelline lipgloss – a clear gloss with golden shimmer – I layer this over the lip stain & lip pencil because they are quite drying on their own.
- FRESH Sugar Lip Balm SPF 15 – mini from the Sephora Birthday set. Such a perfect balm – feels luxurious, moisturizes lips instantly and lasts a LONG time.
- CHANEL Precision Lip Definier in Vamp – I prefer filling my lips in with a lip liner and topping it with gloss – it lasts much longer than lipstick.
- MAC 318 retractable lip brush – I use this to make sure that my lip products are applied evenly.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain in 05 (Infinite Rose) – A beautiful golden peach stain – looks so pretty worn on top of a strong lipliner – seals in the color and transforms it into a lighter but flattering shade – a long-lasting (but drying combination)… additional lipgloss is essential!
- Life brand antibacterial gel – the smallest bottle I could find!
- LUSH Lemony Flutter – you only need the tiniest amount of this super moisturizing cuticle cream, so I transferred it into a sample pot.
- Cuticle pusher and nailcutter – my cuticles have a tendency to peel, so I moisturize them often and cut off any hangnails as soon as I spot them (there’s nothing more annoying than a hangnail that snags on everything – ow!)
- Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin in a Sephora Atomizer – my atomizer is longer & thinner than the one from the current collection – the citrus scent is so refreshing!
- Altoids – I love this tiny tin – I keep refilling it with tiny mints & chewing gum.
- Kiehls Avocado Eye Treatment in a sample pot – there’s no need to reapply this eye cream as it keeps the eye area noticeably moisturized for a LONG time – but I like keeping this tiny container on hand.
- Pillbox – was given this container free from my grocery store – I keep it stocked up with Tylenol ULTRA
- Compact Mirror, Boscia Blotting Linens & Cloth Handkerchief – The mirror is essential for applying lip products & checking my teeth after meals. The blotting linens are my most used make-up bag item – they keep my foundation looking fresh. And although I always have a pack of tissues in my handbag, it’s good to have this cloth handkerchief in case of emergencies.
Hope you liked this peek into my make-up bag – what are your make-up bag essentials?
- Alison*Elle – Alison shares a tutorial on how to make a super cute cupcake mani.
- Ella Pretty – Ella’s posted her holiday party outfits, red skinnies & bubble necklaces.
- Lilly’s Style – Lilly’s rocking a red blazer.
- Lindsay J Everyday – Lindsay tried a retro style dress & a new hemline…
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls – Kristen announced and shared her pregnancy story.
- Schnelle Couture – Danielle is expecting her little girl any day… or week now. Check out her 33 week BUMPdate.
- Sequins and Stilettos – Skylette says’ “December is THE month for red, right?”
- The Currently Obsessed – Mehreen OOTD : 19 weeks pregnant