Question of the month from Skylette: “What is blogging etiquette to you? For example, do you comment on
everyone’s blog that comments on yours? Do you follow everyone with a
blog that reaches out to you?”
I LOVE this question but there’s so much to say! I wish we could ALL meet up for one big coffee date and discuss this over cappuccinos!
- As I wrote above my comment box: “Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one “ I love interacting with my readers and hearing their thoughts on my post – if you’ve taken the time to comment: I’m definitely writing back!
- I reply under each comment so my readers can see it if they check back – this also helps other readers who may have wanted to know the answer to the same question.
- I wish BLOGGER integrated a commenting system like DISQUS so that you could easily see when your comment receives a reply. When I comment on somebody else’s blog, I usually check back in a day or 2 (if I remember) to see if I’ve received a response – but this is not efficient!
- In terms of commenting on other blogs – I only comment if I have something meaningful to say. I’m also more likely to comment on a blog when I know I’ll receive a response.
- However, I don’t judge other bloggers who don’t reply back – I know a lot of them send emails to their readers…and in a lot of cases, they may receive SO many comments that its impossible to respond to all of them – I’m just grateful they are writing posts! I get so sad when some of my favorite bloggers feel under pressure and then want to quit blogging altogether!
- For me, responding to comments is FUN – thanks to you guys for being so amazing & interesting! I especially want to send LOVE out to my regular commenters (you know who you are!) – you guys make my blogging experience so rewarding & worthwhile!
Since I don’t have any etiquette-themed photos to share, I thought I’d include some recent OOTDs instead!
|Shirt: Old Navy, Necklace: Joe Fresh, Jeans: Garage, Shoes: Old Navy, Bracelet: J.Crew, Bag: LV Speedy 25|
|Shirt: H&M, Necklace: F21, Jeans: Garage, Shoes: Old Navy, Bag: Coach|
What are your thoughts on Blogging Etiquette?
- Beautygirl24 – Noelle has a serious sweet tooth this Spring. See what jewelry she likes to call her rock candy!
- Ella Pretty – Check out Ella’s Mall Haul: Forever 21, Coach & Camo Pants
- Lindsay J Everyday – Lindsay has some exciting news.
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls – Kristen shared her Favorite Home Items that she can’t live without.
- Schnelle Couture – Danielle joined the ombre party.
- Sequins and Stilettos – Skylette plays with the black & white trend here.