I’m having a hard time getting excited for fall. Bloggers around me seem to be on fast forward – talking about layering, scarves and Pumpkin-Spice-everything! Meanwhile, I’m firmly in denial…and determined to enjoy every last bit of summer!
|Jacket: F21 / Necklace: c/o oNecklace / Jeans: Express / Bag: Pashli / Shoes: F21 (similar)|
So for my fall style this year – I’m planning on carrying my spring and summer faves forward. No dark and dreary colours for me! Here’s what I’ll be wearing:
1) Pastel Outerwear – Layers are inevitable once the temperature drops – but this pink leather jacket keeps things cheerful and light.
2) Light Blue Pinstripes – Although off-the-shoulder tops will still be trendy this fall, I probably won’t wear them too often. But I’m still loving this blue pinstripe material – it’s so crisp and fresh. I’ve ordered some longer-sleeve tops in this fabric for fall.
|Earrings: H&M / Top: c/o Romwe (runs small) / Jeans: Garage (similar) / Heels: ZARA (similar) / Bag: Celine|
3) Flares – During the day, I always opt for skinny jeans tucked into boots, but for night’s out, I plan on wearing flares with closed-toe heels.
|Earrings: H&M / Top: H&M / Jeans: Garage (similar) / Heels: ZARA / Bag: Celine|
4) Stripes – This whole nautical trend is mostly associated with Spring – but I love how stripes pair with distressed jeans. I plan on wearing this look in the fall, switching out my sandals for booties.
|Necklace: c/o oNecklace / Top: c/o Romwe / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Payless (similar) / Bag: Celine|
5) Lace – If you follow my Instagram #ootd’s, you’ll see that I’m an all-lace, all-the-time type of girl! I think white lace looks great in EVERY season – it will layer nicely under sweaters and jackets for fall.
|Earrings: ALDO (similar) / Top: c/o Romwe (might need to remove lining) / Jeans: Express / Bag: LV Speedy 25|
So these will be my fall staples this year…what will you be wearing? Will you go with the traditional fall colour palette or will you be trying something different?
I'm so in agreement on this! I think when I was newer to blogging, I did the whole jump forward to the next season thing. But now, I know that doesn't work for me and my lifestyle so I refuse! I'm definitely still in summer mode. I love your idea of bringing summer into fall clothing. I'm going to do the same 😉
Thank you for this. I am so not into fall clothing. Ever. I think it's due to the fact that it stays so warm through September that I can't fathom the thought of wearing heavy clothes. I keep an eye on fall trends, but rarely make any purchases until holiday time when everything goes on sale!
Thanks for sharing! All outfits are just awesome:) Keep posting :)https://momokrom.co.uk
I absolutely love your top in the first picture, but you didn't list where it's from! The lace with the defined waist is beautiful and super flattering.
Whoops – I'll try find a link if it's still available – it's also from Express.
I think if I still lived in Michigan where summers were amazing and winters were 8 months long, I would definitely want fall to take its time, FO SHO! Ha! This summer was so miserably hot. It's nice to not sweat!! All that said – I loved your take on this! Bright layers are perfect to cling onto summer for just a bit longer! I always love your feminine details and style! That blue pinstripe top is darling on you!Carylee | more pieces of me