I’ve always dreamed of holidaying on a Greek Island – and this summer – my wish is finally coming true, as we’re heading to Santorini for our second honeymoon (ok…wedding anniversary – but it’s sort of the same thing, right?)
I’ve booked our flights and hotel, but there is so much planning left to do. Where to go, what to pack…I have a lot to think about! I know it’s going to be hot hot hot – so I’ve been checking out the summer skincare essentials at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- FOR DAILY WEAR – Clinique Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Face SPF 50 ($34.00) and Body SPF 30 ($41.00): EXCLUSIVELY AT SHOPPERS DRUG MART – Clinique skincare is the best choice if you suffer from acne-prone skin like I do. This mineral-based sunscreen is lightweight and non-acnegenic. It uses invisible shield technology to protect against the sun as well as environmental aggressors. The face version blends easily under makeup, while the body formula is lightweight – perfect for spreading on your hands, neck and chest to prevent sun damage.
- FOR SIGHT SEEING – La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra Fluid Lotion SPF 60 Face Sensitive Skin ($29.00) – La Roche-Posay is another brand that works perfectly with super-sensitive skin. This formula contains patented Mexoryl® sunscreen technology for effective protection against both UVA and UVB rays. The formula is water-resistant, matte and can also function as a makeup base before applying foundation.
- FOR BEACH DAYS – Shiseido WetForce BB SPF 50+ for Face ($48.00) – You know how you don’t feel like wearing makeup at the beach – but you still want your skin to look picture-perfect? Well this product is a BB tinted sunscreen, so it evens out your skin tone and provides protection in one easy step. The formula is perfect for active days – the WetForce Technology means that its UV protection veil becomes more effective when exposed to water – and it is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes! The formula is non-comedogenic and since it doubles up as makeup, it’s easy to reapply as needed.
THAT SUMMER GLOW:
- FLAWLESS BASE – Smashbox Photo Finish Radiance Foundation Primer 30ml ($50.00) – This primer is perfect for date nights – it moisturizes and hydrates the skin, while providing a satin-smooth skin for flawless makeup application. Imperfections are blurred out while amber and bronze micro-pearls create a warm glow.
- PRETTY POUT – Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil 7ml ($25.00) – This lip oil adds the perfect pop of shimmer to a bronzed makeup look. The formula is made up of plum, jojoba and hazelnut oils – for long-lasting hydration and shine. It can be worn alone as a gloss or layered over lipstick for added dimension.
- TAN IT UP – St Tropez One Night Only Wash Off Face & Body Lotion ($20.00) and St. Tropez Prep & Maintain Tan Applicator Mitt ($9.00) – This lotion provides an instant tan that lasts up to 24 hours – and washes off easily with soap and water. Apply to moisturized skin using the Applicator Mitt, starting at the ankles and working your way up. Wait for it to dry before getting dressed. The Mitt ensures a smooth, streak-free application while also protecting your hands from staining.
All of these products are available at Shoppers Drug Mart and beautyboutique.ca.
Do you need help getting your skin holiday ready? I’m so excited to be giving away a $100 beautyBOUTIQUE by Shoppers Drug Mart gift card, so that YOU can shop for your summer skincare favourites! Head over to this Instagram post to enter.
DISCLAIMER: This is a sponsored blog post in collaboration with Shoppers Drug Mart.