I’m still struggling with my skin so most of my recent purchases are skincare related. I’ve stopped using Tactuo/Epiduo as Benzoyl Peroxide doesn’t suit my skin AT ALL (it makes acne marks
appear really dark and last a long time). I’ve also stopped using antibiotics as my acne is concentrated on my cheeks and is possibly dietary. In addition, I’ve switched back to my Cetaphil soap as this Bioderma Sebium cleanser was too irritating – my skin is SO much happier now! I’m focusing on cleaning my skin gently and spot treating where necessary.
- Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste – I chose this product because it has great reviews on Makeup Alley (96% repurchase rate). It is a salicylic acid based paste which you apply at night on inflamed (or extracted) spots, and it minimizes them over time. Have been using it for 3 nights, and while it doesn’t magically remove spots over night, I do feel it shrinks them and dries them out.
- Proactiv Refining Mask – I’m currently using my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask to treat hyper-pigmented marks, but I plan on trying this next.
- Proactiv Revitalizing Toner – I think individual products in the Proactiv range are good – but using the WHOLE system together is too harsh. This toner contains 6% glycolic acid which is anti-aging and mildly exfoliating. I use this every night – it actually works in place of a moisturizer AND helps fade acne scarring. I may move on to a different glycolic acid treatment eventually, but I think this is a good starter product.
- Macadamia Deep Repair Masque – Have seen great reviews of this EVERYWHERE. Since my hair is a bit heat damaged at the moment (too much curling!), I’m hoping this will get it back in shape.
- MAC Pro-longwear Concealer – I’ve had a hard time covering up my current breakouts – no matter what I use (Dermablend + Cicaplast Primer, MUFE foundation, Hourglass primer or mineral make-up) there would ALWAYS be patching up and drying around my blemishes. Then I found this video on Youtube – where they used this concealer IN PLACE OF foundation. I went out and got a sample at MAC (they matched me to NW35) and was surprised at how good this product was…as mentioned in the video, it’s VERY buildable yet doesn’t look powdery or heavy at all – and lasts a LONG time (Dermablend looks mask-like after a couple of hours). I’m SO glad I found this product BUT there is a down-side: MAC foundations aren’t the best for acne-prone skin – so I save this product for special occasions and use mineral make-up all other times.
- Bioderma Crealine Travel size – I couldn’t resist this adorable teeny bottle for my traveling bag. Am on my 2nd bottle of this make-up remover in the regular size.
|Zara BASIC Sandals|
If you survived all that skincare chat – on to my shoes! After seeing these famous Zara heels on Skylette and Andi, I had to find myself a pair. Luckily, this colorway was in stock during the sale. I don’t usually wear high heels (I’m more of a “fancy bag, comfy shoes” girl) but these are SUPER comfy and VERY flattering – not to mention great value for the price!
|Aeropostale Jelly Sandals|
I’ve always thought my taste was simple and classic…so I don’t know why I’ve purchased so many neon pink items this season! Latest on my list are these jelly sandals from Aeropostale – marked down from $25 to $7 – they define cheap and cheerful. I plan on wearing them to the beach this weekend.
|ALDO Tebeau Clutch|
Last item I’m sharing today is this adorable clutch from ALDO – a birthday present from my dearest sister. ALDO bags are my favorite non-designer brand – they are well-stitched and durable. Love the simple design of this bag – I can’t stop admiring it!
What was your latest purchase? Can you use Benzoyl Peroxide products?
Love the Zara heels!!As for BP products, can't use that on my skin at all. Once as a teenager I used my sister's prescription benzoyl peroxide and it literally bleached my skin after it looked like I had a bad sunburn. On a side note: have you ever tried Differin? amazing & different formulas. Takes about 6 months to see any difference but no reddness. You need a prescription though!
I haven't tried Differin – if my skin doesn't clear up within a month I'll go and ask my Dermatologist about it – thanks for suggesting it!
Happy Birthday Ella! I bought those Zara heels in the same shade too, ok and maybe in black and aqua 🙂 I noticed most bloggers purchased the beige/orange pair but I find these add a bit of colour for the current season x
Thanks Parveen 🙂 You're so lucky! The black pair is a classic – and I LOVE the aqua one too – if I saw any other colors, I'd definitely buy more!
Hope you're able to find some products that work for your skin! And great finds – those heels are great and the clutch from your sister is super pretty.xo, alison*elle
Thanks Alison – I REALLY love the clutch so much…can't wait to use it!
love the shoes!
Thanks – I'm so glad I found them!
Don't you just hate breakouts! I am also fighting skin issues (awesome stress related acne) and I'm scared to try anything new for fear of another breakout. Can we just be done with breakouts already?? Once you start having kids, shouldn't that be a free pass in the skin issues department? I'm so glad you scored a pair of those heels- they are fabulous. The IRL picture is much better than the site version!
Your multiple pairs of these shoes had a MAJOR role in my purchase – especially love your aqua pair – they look fabulous on you!
What a great haul Ella! So glad you got those beautiful shoes, they can make an outfit in an instant. I hope you had a wonderful, fabulous birthday!xoxo
Thanks Andi – I had a really lovely birthday this year – so far we've had 4 days worth of celebrations LOL – I felt really special and loved by friends & family!
Oh my goodness, such a fun post Ella! I love everything you have showed, and hope you keep us updated. I have been using the Macadamia hair masque for about a year now, and I'm still on my first jar! It lasts forever because only a small amount is needed. I really love it, let me know if you do too!Also love those heels! I have admired them on many ladies, Andi and Skylette included. They are so sexy 🙂
Noelle – I've used the Macadamia masque twice – and I am so happy with it. I thought my Aveda Repair conditioner was heavy-duty – but it is nothing compared to this…it really does reverse damage so quickly – and the scent is so lovely too!
Adore your clutch & Zara sandals.Would love you to check out my latest post :)Happy Monday Hun xoxohttp://www.intotheblonde.com/