I’m still struggling with my skin so most of my recent purchases are skincare related. I’ve stopped using Tactuo/Epiduo as Benzoyl Peroxide doesn’t suit my skin AT ALL (it makes acne marks
appear really dark and last a long time). I’ve also stopped using antibiotics as my acne is concentrated on my cheeks and is possibly dietary. In addition, I’ve switched back to my Cetaphil soap as this Bioderma Sebium cleanser was too irritating – my skin is SO much happier now! I’m focusing on cleaning my skin gently and spot treating where necessary.
- Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste – I chose this product because it has great reviews on Makeup Alley (96% repurchase rate). It is a salicylic acid based paste which you apply at night on inflamed (or extracted) spots, and it minimizes them over time. Have been using it for 3 nights, and while it doesn’t magically remove spots over night, I do feel it shrinks them and dries them out.
- Proactiv Refining Mask – I’m currently using my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask to treat hyper-pigmented marks, but I plan on trying this next.
- Proactiv Revitalizing Toner – I think individual products in the Proactiv range are good – but using the WHOLE system together is too harsh. This toner contains 6% glycolic acid which is anti-aging and mildly exfoliating. I use this every night – it actually works in place of a moisturizer AND helps fade acne scarring. I may move on to a different glycolic acid treatment eventually, but I think this is a good starter product.
- Macadamia Deep Repair Masque – Have seen great reviews of this EVERYWHERE. Since my hair is a bit heat damaged at the moment (too much curling!), I’m hoping this will get it back in shape.
- MAC Pro-longwear Concealer – I’ve had a hard time covering up my current breakouts – no matter what I use (Dermablend + Cicaplast Primer, MUFE foundation, Hourglass primer or mineral make-up) there would ALWAYS be patching up and drying around my blemishes. Then I found this video on Youtube – where they used this concealer IN PLACE OF foundation. I went out and got a sample at MAC (they matched me to NW35) and was surprised at how good this product was…as mentioned in the video, it’s VERY buildable yet doesn’t look powdery or heavy at all – and lasts a LONG time (Dermablend looks mask-like after a couple of hours). I’m SO glad I found this product BUT there is a down-side: MAC foundations aren’t the best for acne-prone skin – so I save this product for special occasions and use mineral make-up all other times.
- Bioderma Crealine Travel size – I couldn’t resist this adorable teeny bottle for my traveling bag. Am on my 2nd bottle of this make-up remover in the regular size.
|Zara BASIC Sandals|
If you survived all that skincare chat – on to my shoes! After seeing these famous Zara heels on Skylette and Andi, I had to find myself a pair. Luckily, this colorway was in stock during the sale. I don’t usually wear high heels (I’m more of a “fancy bag, comfy shoes” girl) but these are SUPER comfy and VERY flattering – not to mention great value for the price!
|Aeropostale Jelly Sandals|
I’ve always thought my taste was simple and classic…so I don’t know why I’ve purchased so many neon pink items this season! Latest on my list are these jelly sandals from Aeropostale – marked down from $25 to $7 – they define cheap and cheerful. I plan on wearing them to the beach this weekend.
|ALDO Tebeau Clutch|
Last item I’m sharing today is this adorable clutch from ALDO – a birthday present from my dearest sister. ALDO bags are my favorite non-designer brand – they are well-stitched and durable. Love the simple design of this bag – I can’t stop admiring it!
What was your latest purchase? Can you use Benzoyl Peroxide products?