I always struggle finding just-below-the-knee dresses. It’s a personal length preference – and most dresses are either too short or too long (the Goldilocks effect!). So when eShakti contacted me about customizing a dress from their site, I was happy to give it another try (I also posted about them 3 years ago! Cringing at the photo quality….)
|Dress: c/o eShakti / Heels: Winners (identical) / Bag: EverNew (original $$$) / Necklace: J.Crew (similar) / Sunglasses: Le Chateau (similar)|
I chose the Everly Dress and customized it by: entering my personal measurements, changing the boat neckline to a v-neck, and choosing the below-the-knee length.
What I loved about the dress:
- It arrived super-quickly
- Because of the custom measurements, it fit me perfectly
- The cap sleeves are super-cute
What I would change about the dress:
- The fabric/lining is on the thin side, and I feel like you can see the pockets through the dress
- While I adore the longer length, I think it would be more flattering if it tapered in at the bottom (like a classic pencil skirt)
- The peach eyelet is pretty – but if they offered this in white? It would be the ULTIMATE summer dress!
And now for the Portrait part of my post…I had to share with you this print by the talented Canadian Fashion Illustrator, Joanna Pop, featuring the outfit from this post. This is one of the sweetest gifts I’ve ever received because it’s SO personalized – Joanna captured every detail perfectly! And her workmanship is so beautiful – she used watercolours on the skirt, and it is stunning – I can’t wait to frame it and hang it in my closet. To see more of Joanna’s work, check out her instagram here. And if you’re interested in ordering a custom print, click here.
Do you have a custom portrait illustration? I’d love to see it – please link it below!