We all want brighter under eyes to help us look well-rested and healthy. We can work on this from the inside by getting a lot of rest and drinking enough water – but sometimes we need an extra boost. So today I’m sharing my 3-step routine for brighter under eyes that last all day.
I’m so excited to share this post on how I get brighter under eyes – this three step routine makes my under eyes look airbrushed! This technique works in the short term (by immediately covering any dark areas) and in the long term (with effective skincare to brighten my under eye area over time).
I selected the products I use for my routine by taking the Dark Circles Quiz on the Vasanti Cosmetics website. This is such a helpful tool – it narrowed down my product requirements and provided suggestions for a perfect match. I highly recommend it, even as a learning resource – you can take the quiz here.
The quiz took me through several questions – such as lifestyle factors, the colour and degree of my under eye darkness, my skin tone category, other skincare concerns that I may have, and the products I currently use. It had photographs that I could pick between, to identify the examples closest to my own. It then took me to a results section with a list of product recommendations as well as application tips and tricks.
Here is my 3 step routine to brighter under eyes:
- STEP 1 – SKIN PREP: Prep the skin around the eyes using the Vasanti Eye Wonder 2.0 cream
- STEP 2 – CONCEAL: Using the Liquid VO2 Dark Circle Eraser – create a “V” and fill it in. Blend it out using the 202 Flat Angled Foundation Stubby Brush from Vasanti Cosmetics.
- STEP 3 – BRIGHTEN: Dip the Oh Sponge in the Lotus Brightening Powder and apply a layer of powder. Let it set for 10 seconds.
- THE FINAL RESULT: Use the Oh Sponge to blend out the excess powder, and you’re left with brighter under eyes that look airbrushed.
A closer look at the Vasanti products I use for brighter under eyes:
- Eye Wonder 2.0 cream – this eye cream uses a blend of peptides, botanical extracts and vitamins to target a multitude of eye issues including puffiness, wrinkles, dark circles, dryness and poor circulation. The eye cream applicator has a ceramic tip, which you can use to massage the product in – it reduces puffiness and increases circulation. I love that it’s oil-free and light but provides the perfect amount of moisture.
- Liquid VO2 Dark Circle Eraser – This product neutralizes the under eye area by using an orange-toned shade to cancel out any darkness. It has a super light formula so it blends out easily and looks very natural. This is a colour corrector to address darkness and can be used as a primary step before applying foundation, but on my skin tone, it matches perfectly – and it provides enough coverage that I often don’t even need to add any other product on top.
- Lotus Brightening Powder – This setting powder has Lotus Flower to brighten your under eyes and Silica to blur the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles. The powder comes in 3 shades: 100 volts, 200 volts and 300 volts, and covers skin tones ranging from Fair, Light, Medium to Golden skin tones. You can find your perfect colour match by taking the Vasanti Dark Circles Quiz here. Other setting powders can crease up or look patchy, but the Lotus Brightening Powder is lightweight and blends out flawlessly. It pairs perfectly with the VO2 Dark Circle eraser and I love the soft-focus finish it provides.
I filmed a quick step-by-step tutorial showing my 3-step routine for brighter under eyes – here are the before and after pics. Click here to watch my video.
Find the best products for your under eyes by taking the Vasanti Dark Circles Quiz here. You can also book a free virtual consultation here for a more in-depth discussion of your eye treatment and colour correction needs.
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Vasanti Cosmetics. Vasanti Cosmetics can be purchased at pharmacies including Shoppers Drug Mart, on Amazon.com and directly from the Vasanti Website.