I love watching “Beauty Gurus” on YouTube – especially when they feature tutorials on everyday make-up looks. Click on the links below to see 2 videos that I’ve recently enjoyed watching:
These videos inspired me to share my own make-up routine. I like to stick to natural colours – so that the focus is on my features. My ideal make-up look is: glowy skin, blushed cheeks, shimmery lids, thick lashes and glossy lips. Here’s what I do:
1) Apply moisturiser and eye cream. Pat face and lids with blotting paper to even out skin.
2) Use Benefit Playstick as an eyeshadow base. Put a stripe of Benefit’s Eye Bright under each eye. Use a fluffy brush to apply concealer, and blend together.
3) Use Bare Escentuals Handy Buki brush to apply Everyday Minerals base all over face – making sure to set the eye concealer. Reapply base and buff over any facial blemishes. I find concealers never work for my spots – either they make me breakout more (MAC) or they make the area look discoloured and stand out (mineral concealers).
4) EYE SHADOW: Apply Lancome neutral shade all over lid. Use the darker stripes of the Sephora Shimmer brick to apply a wash of colour. Use liner brush to apply highlight shade in inner V. Use the spoolie brush to comb through brows.
5) LASHES: Pat ELF gel eyeliner across lashline. Curl lashes with Revlon curler (will buy the Shu Uemera curler someday!) and apply Full n Soft mascara.
6) CHEEKS: Use Coastal Scents kabuki brush to apply ELF bronzer under cheekbones (with the remaining powder lightly applied all over the face to add warmth). Apply CG Ageless Blush in Lush berry using MAC 129. Use the MAC 187 with the Sephora Shimmer Brick to highlight cheekbones.
7) Apply Gilded pencil on cupids bow, brow bone and bridge of nose. Mist Evian over face to set make up and add a glow.
8) LIPS: Line lips and fill in with MAC spice lipliner, apply Dior lipgloss. Other combos – apply MAC’s Angel and Benefit I’m with the band Gloss or Revlon Soft Rose lipstick with Bronzeberry Wet n Wild Gloss.
What type of make up look do you like? Have any great tips you’d like to share? I’d love read about it in the comments!