This past weekend we celebrated the launch of the BCC Blog with a Style Pop Party. As one of the Style Squad bloggers, I participated in a blogging panel – sharing my insights from nearly 7(!!!) years of blogging.
|Shirt: Forever21 DIY (similar, $$) / Jeans: H&M / Shoes: Express (similar) / Necklace: Aldo (similar, blue option) / all 4 items c/o BCC|
The party was exclusively open to members of BCC’s rewards club: FashioniCITY (click here to join). One of the FashioniCITY audience members asked me: What are your favourite trends for Spring 2016? Which coincidentally is the subject of my first blog post for the BCC blog – check it out here!
Of course I’m “living my truth” lol! In my outfit above, I’m wearing 3 out of the 5 trends I picked: A ruffled chambray top, distressed jeans and lace-up ballet flats. I have a secret – my ruffled top started off as a mini-dress! I chopped off the excess fabric and hemmed it by hand to get it to the perfect length.
- How often do you recommend posting on your blog? Whatever you can consistently commit to. I try to keep it to once a week. It might be tempting to post everyday or several times a week – and this is great – but only if it doesn’t overwhelm you or lead to burn out.
- How did you come up with your blog name? I’ve always had a folder on my laptop called “Zeba Pretty” where I save pictures of pretty things I find on the web. I first began blogging as an anonymous blogger – so I chose “Ella” (which is linked in meaning to Zeba)…and ended up with “Ella Pretty”
- Who takes your pictures for you? I started off with mirror selfies – which are easy to take, but lack the clarity of DSLR pics. Then I tried using a tripod and a remote, but unfortunately my camera toppled over and broke! So now most of my outfit pictures are thanks to my “Instagram husband“.
- What apps do you use to edit photos? If I’m on my laptop, I’ll use Pixlr. On my phone (android), I use FOTOR and Snapseed.
- If you were to give one piece of advice to new or aspiring bloggers, what would it be? To just jump in and start! A lot of people worry about having the most professional layout and the best photos – of course that is important if you want to position yourself as a serious blogger. But if you look back at the older posts of top bloggers – so many of them started off with grainy photos and unedited writing. Everyone has to start somewhere, and there is always room for improvement as you go along.
I’d love to hear your answers to these 5 blogging questions. Also – let me know what your top spring trends are!
DISCLAIMER: This post was sponsored by Bramalea City Centre. Click here to read my previous post for BCC – including tips on how to use their app to make shopping easy and rewarding!