The lovely Nuha over at Habibi tagged me with an award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers. (okay – I cheated and only tagged 7!)
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.
Here are 7 random things about me:
1) I’ve always been obsessed with fashion and beauty. As a teen in the nineties, my bedroom walls were plastered with pictures of supermodels. My favourite was Bridget Hall in the Ralph Lauren Safari ads – I wanted to look like her so bad – but I didn’t have her pouty lips, highlighted hair or dusting of freckles! Luckily, as I’ve gotten older, I’m happy just looking like myself 🙂
2) While we’re still thinking about the 90s…I love Vanessa Paradis – she’s well-known for being Johnny Depp’s partner – but I’ve loved her ever since she released “Be My Baby” when I was in high school (video below). I recently watched her movie “L’Arnacoeur (Heartbreaker)” – it’s SO funny – you have to watch it!
3) Other favourite movies of mine include: Clueless, Emma and Amelie
4) I love reading books – I read every day. One of my favourite books is The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery (the author of Anne of Green Gables). It’s a simple story, but very uplifting and always manages to cheer me up! Another firm favourite is The Story Girl (which you can read for free on Project Gutenberg here!)
5) I’ve lived in 6 countries, in 3 continents. I feel lucky to have lived in so many different places, but I’m also happy to have finally settled down (fingers crossed!) in one place. It is lovely to expand your outlook by experiencing different cultures when you can – especially in your twenties. (One easy way of doing this is going on an exchange program through your university. I did my undergrad in Boston but spent one year in London)
6) I am obsessed with roses – a product only has to have the word rose in it’s name – and I want to buy it (i.e. Chanel’s khaki rose, jade rose, rose insolent, rose confidentiel – I could go on and on!). I love the smell of pure roses (not the cheap, synthetic “old lady” smell – but the ones derived from rose oil). I have rose attar, rose perfume – and I *LOVE* rose gold. Surprisingly, I’m not a huge fan of cut roses – sure, they’re pretty, but they only last a few days and then they turn brown and die 🙁
7) I love Flylady. I subscribe to her email digest, and whenever I feel unmotivated, I just read some of the emails, and I feel energised and ready to tidy up! I also get motivated by watching Home to Stay and seeing the amazing makeovers. When I finally buy a house, I want Peter Fallico to help me decorate it!
-Jiye at Pearls and Green Tea
-Lilly at Lilly’s Style
-Dani at Call it Beauty
-Ashley at Ashley on the go
-Sandra at 15 steps, then a beauty blog
-Kim at Kim’s Vanity
-Another Kim at Dance As If No One is Watching
thanks for the blog award, ella :)you're so lucky to have travelled so much!
Hey ella. I was looking for eyelash growth products and I came across your blog.Did castor oil really work for you?
Hi ash89! Castor Oil didn't cause any noticeable difference to my eyelashes – but it does moisturise and condition them. My lashes were getting really dried out after using waterproof mascara – and I think the castor oil helped get my lashes healthy again. BBut I don't think Castor Oil will provide the type of growth and length that Latisse does (not that I'd recommend using Latisse….)
Thank you so much for the award Ella :)Wow, you lived in 6 countries, how awesome. Which countries did you live in? I'll have to check out some of those books..I'm always searching for a good read.
Hope you like the books 🙂 Some of the countries I've lived in: 3 countries in Asia, New York, Boston, London and Toronto.
I loved learning more about you Ella! I was obsessed with supermodels too, Bridget Hall was so amazing in those ads. I could picture the ad before you even posted an image-that's great marketing!I was OBSESSED with Carol Alt in 4th Grade and I've live Niki Taylor forever, haha. Christy Turlington will always be my fave though 🙂
Andi! Did you delete your blog? I wanted to tag you for this, but for some reason, the link to your blog wasn't working – and then I got sad, because I had no way of contacting you :-(So I'm so happy to see your comment here :-)That's so sweet that you love Carol Alt – especially since you resemble her (same lovely eyes and lips!). I also love Christy and Niki…but other than Bridget Hall – my other obsession was Helena Christensen – I wanted to look like she did in the "Wicked Game" video…and she still looks amazing now – she does not age!
Thanks for tagging me in this award!It was fun learning a little more about you =)I loved 90s supermodels too =) Esp Christy Turlington.
Congrats!! You deserve the award. 🙂