The lovely Nuha over at Habibi tagged me with an award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers. (okay – I cheated and only tagged 7!)
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.
Here are 7 random things about me:
1) I’ve always been obsessed with fashion and beauty. As a teen in the nineties, my bedroom walls were plastered with pictures of supermodels. My favourite was Bridget Hall in the Ralph Lauren Safari ads – I wanted to look like her so bad – but I didn’t have her pouty lips, highlighted hair or dusting of freckles! Luckily, as I’ve gotten older, I’m happy just looking like myself 🙂
2) While we’re still thinking about the 90s…I love Vanessa Paradis – she’s well-known for being Johnny Depp’s partner – but I’ve loved her ever since she released “Be My Baby” when I was in high school (video below). I recently watched her movie “L’Arnacoeur (Heartbreaker)” – it’s SO funny – you have to watch it!
3) Other favourite movies of mine include: Clueless, Emma and Amelie
4) I love reading books – I read every day. One of my favourite books is The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery (the author of Anne of Green Gables). It’s a simple story, but very uplifting and always manages to cheer me up! Another firm favourite is The Story Girl (which you can read for free on Project Gutenberg here!)
5) I’ve lived in 6 countries, in 3 continents. I feel lucky to have lived in so many different places, but I’m also happy to have finally settled down (fingers crossed!) in one place. It is lovely to expand your outlook by experiencing different cultures when you can – especially in your twenties. (One easy way of doing this is going on an exchange program through your university. I did my undergrad in Boston but spent one year in London)
6) I am obsessed with roses – a product only has to have the word rose in it’s name – and I want to buy it (i.e. Chanel’s khaki rose, jade rose, rose insolent, rose confidentiel – I could go on and on!). I love the smell of pure roses (not the cheap, synthetic “old lady” smell – but the ones derived from rose oil). I have rose attar, rose perfume – and I *LOVE* rose gold. Surprisingly, I’m not a huge fan of cut roses – sure, they’re pretty, but they only last a few days and then they turn brown and die 🙁
7) I love Flylady. I subscribe to her email digest, and whenever I feel unmotivated, I just read some of the emails, and I feel energised and ready to tidy up! I also get motivated by watching Home to Stay and seeing the amazing makeovers. When I finally buy a house, I want Peter Fallico to help me decorate it!
-Jiye at Pearls and Green Tea
-Lilly at Lilly’s Style
-Dani at Call it Beauty
-Ashley at Ashley on the go
-Sandra at 15 steps, then a beauty blog
-Kim at Kim’s Vanity
-Another Kim at Dance As If No One is Watching