These distressed jeans are currently the most controversial item in my closet. I’ve had some hilarious conversations about them…Do they even count as jeans or are they mainly holes with just a little bit of denim in between?
|Jacket: ZARA (similar) / Blouse: Express (similar) / Jeans: c/o Fidelity Denim in Parker Thrasher Vintage / Heels: Winners (similar) / Necklace: c/o Onecklace (similar) / Bag: Balenciaga City|
And let’s talk about the silhouette…baggy and boyfriend style…with cropped hems and a wide-leg. There is a LOT going on with these jeans. Yet, I secretly ADORE them! Paired with black leggings, I can enjoy all the distressed detailing without exposing any skin.
My jeans are from Fidelity Denim, which was founded in 2005 by Jason
Trotzuk. Attention to detail is a priority at Fidelity Denim – each pair is made in Los Angeles with premium fabric imported from Italy and
I’m already planning how I want to style my Fidelity Denim in the summer – gold sandals, a white cotton blouse and pearl tassel earrings – the ultimate weekend outfit.
My Tips for Styling Shredded Denim
- If your jeans are super baggy, add some structure on top with a jacket, blazer or fitted blouse.
- To avoid showing too much skin, pick a pair with patches underneath the distressing, or wear black leggings under your jeans
- Point your toes when stepping into your jeans, to avoid catching on the holes and making them larger (unless that’s the look you’re going for!)
- Wash your jeans in a mesh laundry bag – this protects the distressing fabric from ripping too much
- For boyfriend-style shredded jeans, wear delicate shoes to contrast with the baggy cut – heels or strappy sandals are a great option.
Do you own any shredded jeans? Where did you buy them?