One of the fun aspects of blogging, is being invited to events. From media previews to fashion shows and gala dinners – there’s always something exciting going on. Of course, with so many events to attend (and be photographed at) you’ll want to look your best – which is where my tried-and-tested getting ready shortcuts come in. As you know – I’m all about minimal effort for maximum impact – so read on for some fun tips!
|Outfit Credit: Pink Lace Dress|
- Practice tricky makeup on “regular” days – I’m now able to draw on winged eyeliner and apply false eyelashes within 10 minutes. These weren’t easy skills to learn – so whenever I had a bit of extra time while getting ready, I’d put on false lashes or draw on extra liner. Not only did this speed up my application skills, it also helped me get accustomed to wearing these more dramatic looks.
- Add subtle volume and curls with hair extensions – I used to think that you always had to put in the FULL set when you wore hair extensions. As I was getting my hair styled at a media event last year, the stylist told me she wore extensions every day! She said the trick was to only clip in a few tracks – it adds subtle volume, yet is lightweight and comfortable. I like it because I no longer have to tease or use a lot of hairspray for volume – and it’s easy to take out at the end of the night!
- Have an #OOTD marathon – When I have a couple of events lined up – I like to outfit plan and take mirror pictures (as seen on my Instagram). I put together full outfits – including shoes and jewelry, and then take a mirror picture to see if it all goes together. Something about taking a picture helps me to zero in on what works and what needs to change. I save these pictures in a file on my phone – so when it’s time to get ready, I just have to look at it and know what I need. (I also do this when packing for a trip!)
- Sneak in comfort while looking stylish – There’s nothing worse than wearing pretty but painful shoes to an event. Instead of enjoying yourself, you’re wincing in pain and wishing for flats. At one party I attended last year, I had to take my shoes off and walk across the parking lot in my bare feet – it was treacherous, yet I couldn’t last one more minute in my heels! I’m now a HUGE advocate of shopping for comfortable heels.
- I was very excited to find out about the ECCO SHAPE Collection that is being launched this month. The ECCO brand are known for how comfortable their premium quality leather shoes are, and they have brought their cutting-edge Scandinavian design & extraordinary technology into this new line of elegant heels.
- Not only do the shoes look amazing, they are designed with shock-absorbing footbeds and rounded heels for optimal comfort – no chance of wincing in pain! And what looks like an elegant 90mm shoe actually feels like a comfy 75mm- these heels let the foot sit lower while keeping the illusion of the height. If you’re looking for heels to wear to your next event, check out the ECCO SHAPE Collection here.
- And if you’d like to WIN an ECCO item of your choice (up to $300) – then head over here to enter the Women SHAPE the World contest – 3 winners will be picked! I’m already besotted with this studded ankle boot pictured above – it’s perfect for fall!
Do you have any shortcuts for getting ready for events? Please share in the comments – I’d love to read them!
Disclaimer: This post has been generously sponsored by ECCO, the opinions and language are my own.