I love using makeup to enhance my features, but I don’t always have a lot of time to apply it. Luckily, a fresh-faced look doesn’t have to involve a lot of time or products. In this 5-minute, 5-product tutorial, I’ve condensed my makeup into 5 easy steps, focusing on minimal effort for maximum impact. This would be a great everyday makeup routine, or a simple work makeup look.
To make this tutorial even more fun, I’ve collaborated with Revlon – choosing 5 of their most effective products to create this look AND hosting a giveaway with them! Three of my Canadian readers will win ALL of these products (Retail Value Per Set: CAD$60+) so that they can recreate this whole look at home!
♥♥♥♥ Thank you Revlon for being so generous to my readers ♥♥♥♥
- Apply foundation all over your face, using your fingertips or a brush.
- Dab blush on the apples of your cheeks. You can use your fingertips but I prefer this $3 stippling brush.
- Use the highlighting end of the pencil to line the inner corner of your eyes. Use the eyeliner side to draw a line above your lashes. Keep the line thin on the inner corner of your eyes, and thicker near the edges.
- Apply mascara at the base of your lashes, wiggling back and forth to coat them thoroughly. Dip the wand in the tube and reapply, this time brushing the lashes from root to tip. Repeat until you achieve the volume you desire.
- Use the crayon to outline your lips, and then color them in.
- Revlon Age-Defying Firming + Lifting Makeup (Tender Beige) – this lightweight foundation glides on smoothly, providing radiant coverage – I was pleasantly surprised to skip my usual under-eye concealer step! Very well-designed packaging, the sleek bottle with a precision pump allows you to dispense only what you need.
- Revlon Cream Blush (Flushed) – I’ve always been a huge fan of cream blushes, and I love the formulation of this blush. You only need the tiniest amount to get a natural looking healthy glow.
- Revlon Photoready Kajal (Carbon Cleopatra) – Such a genius double-sided product – everything you need to make your eyes look big and bright: luminous highlighter AND intense black eyeliner. Super easy to apply and surprisingly long-lasting too.
- Revlon Lash Potion Volume + Length Mascara (Blackest Black) – My favorite Revlon mascara to date – this version uses proteins and vitamins to nourish lashes. The specially designed ‘Illusionist Wand’ makes it easy to build dramatic volume without any clumps.
- Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balm (Vivacious) – It’s no surprise that the Colorburst Crayons are one of the most-raved about lip products around. They provide the precision of a liner, the pigmentation of a lipstick and the hydration of a balm. My lips are naturally quite dark (as seen in steps 1-4 above) yet this lightweight balm shows up easily on my lips. Longtime readers of my blog know how much I love Revlon lip products – and these crayons are no exception – I currently own 4…and will undoubtedly be adding to my collection!
Three lucky readers will win ALL 5 products pictured above (winner specifies their foundation shade). Entering is easy – use the Rafflecopter form below. This contest is ONLY open to Canadian residents excluding Quebec. If you’re under 18, you must have your parents’ permission to enter this contest. Contest ends March 18, 2014.
Linking up with More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.
Looking beautiful! xxhttp://www.sweetcandydreamer.com
Amazing tutorial! Love it!
Thanks Elaine – it took a while to put together, but I'm glad I was able to do it 🙂
Love the blush and the lip balm!
Thanks Melissa! The texture of the blush is SOOO amazing…and I love how vibrant the lip balm is 🙂
You're so gorgeous! What a great tutorial.
Thanks Ashley – you're so sweet 🙂
You're so gorgeous! What a great tutorial.
Gorgeous! So fast and yet so perfect for creating a daily look. This is how I do my makeup Monday through Thursday 🙂 I try to play more on the weekends when I have more time and more places to be lol. Great job!
Thanks Noelle…it was fun to narrow my makeup down into what makes the most impact…I probably travel with more makeup than I need (concealer, bronzer, lip liner AND lip product…SO many brushes) – now I know I can travel with just 5 products 😉
You have such beautiful features, you already look pretty in the first pic and then stunning and glamorous in the last! I have heard so many great things about the Colorburst crayons…I really need to take the plunge and try them on my next trip to Target. Or too bad I don't live in Canada so I could just win them in your giveaway! 🙂 GinaOn the Daily Express
I wish you lived in Canada too Gina! But you get better Express sales than we do LOL, so I guess it all works out for the best 🙂
You are the best!
I have always favored Revlon for not testing on critters.
Glad you like Revlon!
I love love love Revlon products! I have a trillion of the lipstick crayons already but just recently bought their photo ready creme blush in Coral Reef but this pink you used is so pretty! Stopping by from the linkup today :-)Meghan @ Lipstick Skulls Blog
Thanks for stopping by Meghan. I also have the Coral Reef creme blush – and I LOVE it! You should definitely check out the Flushed shade too 🙂
I was ridiculously excited to read this post! Great, great, tips! And I loved looking at each photo step by step to notice the slight differences! Thanks so much for sharing with manic monday!Carylee | morepiecesofme.com
Thanks Carylee – SO glad you could see the slight differences…it was hard to capture on camera LOL!
Lovely post very informative thanks!!
Thanks Jane, glad you liked it!
I wish I was Canadian! That blush color is gorgeous—it really brings out your cheeks and that gorgeous bone structure of yours :DBrittneyAnother Beautiful Thing