Question of the month: What’s your best beauty tip/secret (aside from: drinking lots of water, wearing sunscreen and taking off your make-up at night)?
My best beauty secret at the moment is….baking soda!
Exfoliation is important for healthy looking skin – but it’s hard to figure out what to use…some favor natural exfoliators (like the infamous St Ives Apricot Scrub) – others claim that large granules can actually damage your skin – and opt for chemical exfoliators (like Lactic acid used in the Philosophy Microdelivery Pads).
Too add to the confusion – there is a danger in over-exfoliating your skin – especially if you are already using a product like the Clarisonic facial brush (as I do).
I was researching Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant (rice-based exfoliating powder) when I read that baking soda can be used as a gentle exfoliator (just mix 1 TB into a paste either with some cleansing gel or water) – I thought that this would be the simplest option for me. I use it 1-2 times a week in the shower, before applying a mud mask. My skin feels smooth and soft but not irritated (and believe me – my skin is SO easily irritated, even switching shampoo brands can wreak havoc!).
Most people have baking soda lying round the house – so this is definitely worth a try!
What’s your favourite beauty tip/secret? Please do share – discovering and sharing beauty secrets is what first drew me in to blogging!
- Beautygirl24 – Noelle has been discovering new beauty products. See what she recommends, and one product she thinks you should avoid.
- Ella Pretty – Ella’s reviewing lip balms – find out which one tops her list.
- Lilly’s Style – Lilly’s keeping it simple.
- Pearls and Green Tea – Jiye shares her favorite make up essentials!
- Saltwater Dreams – See Andi’s favorite inspirations for Spring.
- Schnelle Couture – Danielle has re-invented the traditional button-up: wearing it open and belted instantly transforms it from dressy to casual.
- Sequins and Stilettos – Skylette knows to add a bright color to punch up a “Casual Friday” look.