I’ve always loved designer handbags. I’m happy with comfortable shoes, simple clothes and a few pieces of jewelry…but when it comes to bags – I have fancy tastes! I’m slowly trying to build a “handbag wardrobe” – a collection of classic quality bags that will suit many different occasions.
Here are some of my key pieces:
Everyday bag: Doesn’t show wear easily. Good for: going shopping or out to lunch.
- My bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy
|My Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 in Monogram print|
- Another option: Mulberry Alexa
|Mulberry Mini Alexa. Image Source here.|
Cross-body bag: Hands-free & light. Good for: outdoor activities.
- My bag: Marc Jacobs Single
|My Marc Jacobs Single|
- Another option: Marc by Marc Jacobs Natasha
|MBMJ Natasha in Blush. Image Source here.|
Special Event: Can be small & delicate as it will only be used on special occasions. Good for: date nights and parties.
- My bag: Chanel WOC
|My Quilted Caviar Chanel WOC|
- Another option: Balenciaga First
|My Balenciaga First in Sahara|
Travel bag (to pack): Light enough to be packed/added to carry-on luggage and unfolded as needed. Good for: Trips where you have limited space.
- My bag: Longchamp Le Pliage in Small
|My Small Le Pliage bag in Pink|
- Another option: Hard to choose another one – Longchamp has designed the best packable bag! Would love to hear your suggestions. (Edit: just remembered – I love Herve Chapelier bags for traveling, I have 2 small ones and 1 large one)
Structured Tote: Large enough to fit in documents and a laptop. Good for: work or traveling.
- My bag: I don’t have one yet – getting one is not urgent for my current lifestyle. When I go back to work – I’d be seriously tempted by the Prada Saffiano Double Handle Tote
|Prada Saffiano Small Double Handle Tote in Camel. Image Source here.|
- Another option: Celine Luggage Tote. Love the one featured on Wendy’s Lookbook (originally posted here)
Mom bag: Similar to the “everyday bag” but needs to slightly more durable and spacious – should be able to resist staining from sticky fingers and snack spillage. Can carry on shoulder if necessary. Good for: carrying your essentials while having space for wet wipes, drinks, kiddy books etc.
- My bag: To Be Revealed – hubby got me my dream bag as a birthday/anni present! Update here
- Another option: LV Neverfull in Damier Ebene (the darker handles are more stain resistant than the vachetta ones on the Monogram & Damier Azur versions)
|Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene. Image Source here.|
What are your must-have bags? Is there any category or bag you would add to my list?