Question of the month (from Noelle): Why do you blog? Has the reason changed over time, and if so, in what ways?
My motivation to blog is reflected in the quote in my header: “The unexamined life is not worth living”. This is slightly tongue-in-cheek as the original quote relates to a deeper analysis of your actions in life, while my blog discusses fluffy, fun things like make-up, fashion and decor. However, the meaning is still relevant: by examining the various factors (even the superficial ones) that make up my life, I give them importance and make them worthwhile. My blog inspires me to find beauty in my everyday surroundings and to aim for constant improvement.
|Evolution of Ella Pretty|
I’ve been blogging for 3 years now (check out my first posts here!).
Things that haven’t changed:
–My love for researching
and sharing beauty secrets – Writing down the products, tips & techniques I’ve learned about gives me something to constantly refer back to.
enthusiasm – I’ve chosen quality over quantity and generally aim for one post per
week. This ensures that I only write when I have something interesting
to share – and it’s never a chore.
Things that have evolved:
–Interactions with the blogging community – Meeting other bloggers is something I never anticipated
when I started blogging – yet I now consider it one of the most
enjoyable aspects of blogging. I love finding
people who share my interests and getting to know them online and in
–My comfort/privacy levels –
although I love sharing my thoughts, I’m very protective of my privacy. I
don’t feel comfortable having my name and pictures all over the
internet (which is why a lot of my photos have my face blocked out).
However, going to blogger events and interacting with other bloggers has
changed a lot of my perceptions, and I’m slowly sharing even more of myself
through my blog.
I’d love to know your answer to Noelle’s question as well – why do you blog?
- Beautygirl24 – Noelle has enjoyed styling outfits using unexpected color combinations. Mint and hot pink are surprisingly versatile!
- Ella Pretty – Ella’s “What’s in my Bag” post features her new Marc Jacobs Single bag.
- Lilly’s Style – Lilly is mixing bright colors.
- Pearls and Green Tea – Jiye’s back from Paris – and she has a “mini” surprise.
- Saltwater Dreams – Andi’s reviewing her recent beauty purchases, check out what makes the grade here.
- Schnelle Couture – Danielle is embracing her love for all things nautical.
- Sequins and Stilettos – Skylette is sporting leopard as a neutral here with bright yellow pants!
*I’M HOLDING AN ANNABELLE & MARCELLE GIVEAWAY (OPEN UNTIL JULY 6) – ENTER HERE*