Question of the month: What are 3 of your favorite things you’ve learned from other blogs/Youtube?
I’ve learned SO much from blog posts & Youtube videos – they have been more effective and useful than anything I’ve ever read in a magazine. Maybe its because they’re by REAL people sharing what’s worked for them rather than cliched, generic advice from “professionals”. I wish I could share all my favorite posts/videos – but it would take too long – so here are 3 important ones:
1) HOW TO STYLE MY HAIR:
I’m still no expert – but I’ve gone from someone whose curls would fall flat within half an hour to creating a beachy waves look that lasts up to 3 days! Game-changing videos were this one from TiffanyD and this one from MaskCara. Crucial advice includes: only using this curling iron and spraying a Soft-hold Hairspray BEFORE curling each section.
|My curls still going strong half a day later!
2) THE BABY POWDER/DRY SHAMPOO TRICK:
Firstly – just learning from beauty blogs that you can extend the time between shampoos by using dry shampoo sprays was HUGE! But I’d always worry about white-looking residue in my hair from the spray. Then I came across a simple tip from this post. Just spray your dry shampoo in the night before – no need to comb it out – by morning all the shampoo will have absorbed and your hair will be voluminous and fragrant! (In case you’re interested – my favorite dry shampoo)
3) TIPS FROM A JCREW STYLIST:
I’ve learned 2 important tips from this post – how to drape a scarf with the ends tapered and how to layer sweaters & shirts with the shirt-cuff showing. Both SO simple yet with they make SUCH a difference in your overall look. I’ve been using these tips non-stop!
|Using what I’ve learned: Draped scarf & Rolled-Cuff sweater
Hope you enjoyed reading about the things I’ve learned. Please share YOUR favorite tips/links in the comments – I always love learning new things from the blogosphere!
- Alison*Elle – Alison has found her perfect sweater.
- Beautygirl24 – Noelle was finally able to layer for the chilly weather, and decided to try it with burgundy and fuchsia.
- Ella Pretty – Ella shares recent outfits and her Black Friday purchases.
- Lindsay J Everyday – Lindsay debuted her new bangs and found a new love for glammed up collars!
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls – Kristen is ready for the holidays and has her wishlist made!
- Schnelle Couture – Danielle has popped and is making the most of her pregnancy style.
- Sequins and Stilettos – Skylette is remixing a summer silk tee by adding a dark blazer.
- The Currently Obsessed – Mehreen is preggers and is taking us on her journey !