Good news – you don’t have to shop for Fall if you don’t want to! I’ve been reading the latest trend reports – and wanted to share the Fall 2019 trends that you may already have in your closet. All of the outfits shown under the 5 categories are items I’ve owned since last year (and have featured in previous blog posts!)
- MOODY/DARK FLORALS – one of the strongest trends for Fall 2019 is “dark floral” dresses. Floral prints are my favourite, and this season, you’ll be seeing them set against dark rich colours such as black, grey and deep green.
2. FAUX FUR – I’m so glad that fuzzy and faux fur outerwear is still going strong for Fall 2019. I would highly recommend this coat which worked for both chilly AND freezing days – it’s lightweight but traps heat – I’ll be wearing it a lot this cold season too!
3. ANIMAL PRINTS – if you are a fan of animal prints, you’ll be happy to learn that you’ll be seeing a lot of them around this Fall! Classics such as leopard print coats/sweaters and snakeskin print dresses/blouses will also be popular in non-traditional colourways. I especially love leopard print with a pink background – like this coat!
4. LACE AND RUFFLES – when it comes to lace and ruffles – I’m a year-round fan! Fall 2019 definitely has a moody/romantic vibe – as seen by the Dark Florals trend – and this continues with the lace and ruffles trend. Be on the lookout for ruffles on EVERYTHING – sweaters/sweatshirts/dresses – the works!
5. ORCHID AND/OR GREEN – Two of the hottest colours for Fall 2019 are Purple and Green – and in some cases – they’re even worn together! Both colours are present in this Joe Fresh dress I wore last year – and I saw this exact pairing in the window of the Kate Spade store too. Other colours you may want to dig out of your closet for Fall 2019 – orange and hot pink!
Which of these trends do you already have in your closet?