I love making NY resolutions – I use them as a guideline to refer to throughout the year. Last year’s resolutions were blogged here. I think my two major achievements from 2010 were 1) Finally losing my baby weight (around 12 lbs) and keeping it off for 9 months and counting 2) Potty-training my twins – life is so much easier when you don’t have to change diapers anymore! Some of this year’s resolutions will be repeats – either I didn’t get to them last year (driving lessons!) or they’re on-going projects.
1) Perfect my posture. I’m not a slouch by any means, but I do think there is room for improvement. Outfits look so much better when you carry yourself properly. I think Kate Middleton has great posture – head high, shoulders back – she knows the drill!
2) Get my skin cleared up. I’m on antibiotics at the moment, and my skin is gradually improving – although it’s very dry. Once my acne is better, I’m going to keep my routine VERY simple – no fancy face washes or anti-aging serums – experimenting is NOT worth it when you have blemish-prone skin.
3) Do facial massages and facial exercises at least once a week to keep my face looking youthful – prevention is better than cure! I follow LouLou’s exercises and Tanaka’s massage (blogged about here and here)
4) Apply Coconut oil and Castor oil to my hair weekly. Castor oil promotes hair growth while Coconut oil conditions existing strands – alternating these treatments should help me grow my hair long and strong!
5) Maintain my current weight – continue to do cardio twice a week and add in yoga once a week. Focus on strengthening my core and tightening my mid-section. Keep eating healthy foods.
6) Buy less but better – Save enough for my dream Balenciaga bag this year. Buy less clothes and toys for my children so that they learn to appreciate what they have, and get good use out of it.
7) Spend quality time with hubby and my kiddies. Devote special time every day to give each person individual attention. Life passes by so quickly and I want to make sure that I devote time to appreciating my blessings rather than taking them for granted.
8) Be disciplined. Go to bed by midnight – keep the house tidy and under control – be very organised with paperwork and finances. All of these things are beneficial and easy to do – yet somehow they are not always done – so this is something I want to be very mindful of this year. Especially since my kiddies will start school in the fall – I need routines and schedules to make sure everything runs smoothly and happily.
9) Learn how to drive. I feel like I’ve left this too late – I grew up in an Asian country where employing drivers was the norm – University was spent in a closed campus, and then I moved to London – where I only ever needed the Underground (and of course, hubby would drive when we went out of town or grocery shopping). But I have no excuses left now (except that I’m scared to drive in the snow…) I have to learn…maybe if I had a pink car I’d be more motivated!
10) Research houses. Another thing I’ve been putting off. We’ll hopefully buy a house either this year or next – I should start actively going for viewings – so that we know what is out there and can narrow down what we want/need.
Well – this ought to keep me busy for the rest of the year! Do you make resolutions? What is your top resolution for this year?