It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with handbags – I love reading about the hottest it-bags and making a virtual wishlist. A side effect of my obsession is that I can always spot which ‘store’ bags are inspired by designer versions (designer bags for less)…it’s like a sixth sense! Although I love saving up for a special bag – sometimes it’s better to get an “inspired” version – either because it’s a better fit for your budget, or you think you may get tired of the style – OR you might want to test out the type of bag before investing in the designer version. Here are a couple of great dupes I saw on my last shopping
trip…but believe me – I could go on for days! If you have a specific
bag you’re looking for – leave me a comment and I’ll tell you if
I’ve spotted a dupe somewhere!
1) Saint Laurent Sac de Jour ($$$$) vs. Express ($$)
2) Saint Laurent Matelasse Shoulder Bag ($$$$) vs. Forever 21 ($$)
- The perfect evening bag!
3) Celine Micro Luggage Tote ($$$$) vs. Michael Kors Colette ($$$)
- The Colette is currently on my wishlist – I love structured bags and I adore the cheerful yellow color.
4) Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC ($$$) vs. Forever 21 ($$)
- Such a cute cross-body bag for the summer.
5) Phillip Lim Pashli Mini ($$$) vs. Forever 21 ($$)
- The Forever 21 version is actually an exact dupe of the “Target Pashli”. Although I already have a Taupe Pashli – I’m crazy for this Mini Pink one!
Speaking of bright colors, I’ve been wearing a lot of jewel tones recently. I’ve wanted a cobalt blue dress ever since Kate Middleton’s engagement photos (please tell me I’m not the only one!) so I decided to give this dress a try. Of course the style is very different from Kate’s Issa one but I’m a huge fan of crocheted/lace dresses. It’s slightly shorter than my usual picks so I paired it with opaque black tights.
Which bag dupe is your favorite? Mine is the Michael Kors Colette!